It’s officially summer! Although it’s been feeling like summer for a while now, we’ve officially switched seasons which means it’s time to get excited for lots of warm days, popsicles and summer weddings.
Summer weddings are always popular because you’re almost guaranteed sunshine and warm nights which means you can party outside until your feet hurt.
Today we’ve got some inspiration for your summer weddings and 6 fun ideas to celebrate the summer that your wedding guests will get excited about.
1. Popsicles! You knew that was coming, didn’t you? Ice cream treats are always fun but in the summer, it’s even better when they come on a stick. Do a whole ice cream truck or cart for your dessert or literally just do popsicles. They’re refreshing, they’re colorful and yummy.
(Photo credit: Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt)
2. Lawn games. If you’re having an outdoor summer wedding (which you probably are), lawn games are a fun add. It gives your guests a chance to hang out, enjoy the outdoors and play a little.
(Photo credit: Christie Pham Photography)
3. Shave ice. Along the popsicle line, these Hawaiian treats are always a crowd-pleaser because they’re unexpected. While they can be a little messy, they are so much fun to eat! And they work perfectly for cocktail hour.
(Photo credit: Allina Yang)
4. Dancing shoes. While having slippers (i.e. flip flops) for your guests can be helpful year round, I feel like it’s especially helpful for summer weddings when feet swell and heels get tiring on grass.
(Photo credit: Emily Piraino)
5. Lemonade stand. Make your version of a lemonade stand and have different flavored lemonades out for your guests to sample, sip and quench their thirst.
(Photo credit: Arrowood Photography)
6. Star gazing. If you’re having an outdoor wedding in a more remote area like a winery or a private estate, lay out some blankets and pillows and create a star gazing area. Your non-dancing guests can, lie down, chit chat and enjoy the starry skies. It can also double as a cocktail picnic area too.
(Photo credit: Lisa Lefkowitz)
Are you planning your wedding and feeling overwhelmed? You’re not quite sure what you should be doing or if what you’re doing is right. Does this sound familiar? We understand and we want to help you!
We’re in the process of putting together a step by step wedding planning program just for couples like you. The program is not yet live, but if you want help and guidance to plan your wedding and make the process easier and happier, sign up to become a VIP. You’ll get put on the waitlist and get early access to the program when it does go live (you’ll also get a special bonus perk from us too!).
Click to learn more about the Passport to Joy wedding planning program.