Winning Super Bowl Recipes
It’s the Super Bowl this weekend and funnily enough I’m not in the Bay Area to take part in the local San Francisco area festivities, but in Hawaii instead for a destination wedding. How ironic is that? But, that doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy the big game! Now, I will fully admit that I’m not a huge football fan, but the Super Bowl is kind of like Thanksgiving to me. It’s a lovely way to get together and spend time with friends and family and of course, eat! The eating part is very important and this party should be all about fun potlock picks. So, to get you pumped for the game and the festivities, here are two winning Super Bowl recipes we think are super fun and sound deliciously yummy.
You can’t have a Super Bowl and not have chips and dip. It’s a must have and this queso looks oh so tasty.
(Photo and recipe credit: My Domaine)
1 pound white American cheese
4 oz. asadero cheese shredded
1 jalapeño, chopped (remove seeds and membrane for non-Texans)
1 large ripe tomato
1/4 white onion chopped
1 small bunch cilantro roughly chopped
1 tsp. cumin or better yet, toast cumin seeds and blend in a spice grinder for a fresher taste
1/4 cup whole milk
1. Sauté onion and pepper in a sauce pan with a teaspoon of oil until soft.
2. Place a saucepan inside of larger saucepan filled with water to create a double-boiler. This is important to keep the cheese from burning.
3. Add shredded cheese, milk, tomato, cumin, and cilantro to double-boiler with jalapeño and onions stirring frequently till cheese is completely melted and all ingredients are combined.
4. Serve in a warm bowl or out of a slow-cooker set to low.
If you want to spice it up you can add spicy ground beef, guacamole, crema Mexicana, or all three!
Tater Tot Nachos
Nachos? yes! Tater tots? Double yes! This looks like a winner.
(Photo and recipe credit: Pure Wow)
1 bag Tater Tots
2 teaspoons oil
½ red onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
½ pound fresh chorizo sausage
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1½ cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
4 green onions, thinly sliced
4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. Preheat the oven to 425°.
2. Spread the Tater Tots on a baking sheet in an even layer. Bake until they begin to turn golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, warm the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion and cook until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
4. Crumble the sausage into the pan and sauté until cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes.
5. Remove the Tater Tots from the oven and pour the sausage mixture evenly on top. Cover with the cheddar and Monterey Jack and return to the oven to bake until the cheese is melted, 7 to 9 minutes.
6. Remove the nachos from the oven and top with green onion, cilantro, sour cream and salsa. Serve immediately.
Now that you’ve got some snacks, it’s time to party! Have a good time this Sunday!