Are you thinking about planning a Halloween wedding? I think having a Halloween wedding is a fantastic idea for a couple that absolutely loves the holiday.
While it can easily turn into a run of the mill Halloween party with ghouls and spider webs, don’t let it! It’s a special occasion, so make it haunting and unforgettable, not cheesy. Here are 7 inspiring ideas to help make sure your Halloween wedding is a night to remember.
7 Haunting Ideas for a Halloween Wedding
1. Choose a historic venue. When it comes to a Halloween wedding, choose a place with history, character and texture. Pick a place that evokes mystery and surprise and has interesting design details. For example, choose a castle or ruins or an older historic building. Consider having a destination wedding in a location that has the right Halloween vibe and history – think Mexico or Europe (places like Scotland, Belgium, Romania or Venice).
(Photo credit: VAS Photography)
2. Create a masquerade ball. Give guests masks as they arrive to add some intrigue and mystery to your Halloween wedding. You can be elegant and use classic Venetian masks. Or you can be more playful with animal masks or dark with day of the dead masks.
(Photo credit: Sherman Chu)
3. Play with the colors. Don’t just use the traditional Halloween bright orange and black. Instead try an array of oranges instead. Or bring in some softer colors with dark grey, ivory, peach and mint green. Or go glam with gold, deep blue and black.
(Photo credit: Christie Pham Photography)
4. Make your centerpieces edible. Why not treat guests to a mini candy buffet on each table? The sweets can be traditional Halloween candies or beautifully colored ones to fit the style. Maybe they are all black and guests have to taste them to discover what they are.
(Photo credit: VAS Photography)
5. Do something unexpected. Surprise guests at your Halloween wedding and greet them with a spin on trick or treat. As they enter, each guest must say a phrase like the couples names before receiving a treat or getting directions.
(Photo credit: David Pullum Photography)
6. Take your personal style into account. Halloween doesn’t just mean dark, moody or Goth. It can be ethereal or vintage or rustic in design. So, do what feels right for you and put a spin on it so that it’s Halloween inspired as well.
(Photo credit: What a Day! Photography)
7. Incorporate fun entertainment that is a little out of the ordinary. Entertain guests at your Halloween wedding with a magician or a contortionist during cocktail hour or dancing. Or surprise them with some costumes. Or go all out and create a unique Haunted House in a separate room customized with personal fears. It can be silly or scary, but will promise to be all kinds of fun.
(Photo credit: Arrowood Photography)
Having a Halloween wedding is fun, unique and can really tell your story. So, don’t be afraid to get creative! Take these ideas, put on a witch’s hat and brew something magical.
And if you need help coming up with your Halloween wedding design, contact us! We’d love to help make your Halloween wedding a unique and personal one!